Now that it’s almost Thanksgiving, and seeing as how on actual Thanksgiving I’ll be in a turkey coma, here are a few things I am thankful for right now (I’m still half-asleep, btw, so I’m bound to leave TONS of things out and most of this stuff will sound totally trivial, but it’s the little things, you know?):
- The Chai Tea from Trader Joe’s that is attempting to wake me up this morning (and RouxBarb who introduced me to it).
- My cute little muffin-faced, snaggle-toothed, three-legged kitty, Chester “Ches-bo” Davis and his snuggly, vain, regal sister Imogen “Pretty Girl” Davis (and the ASPCA who took such good care of them pre-adoption).
- Having a job (the fact that I actually like it most of the time is a total bonus).
- Knowing who my real friends are (and having such abundance).
- The surprising number of people who read my blog (and comment on it to let me know).
- Having the most awesome parents a girl could want (for example, they called me from the grocery just last night to ask what kind of champagne I wanted in my Thanksgiving morning mimosas).
- Getting not one, but two full days with G this week (one day in a Turkey Coma and one day decorating for Christmas).
- All of the great books I’ve read this year (and the writers brave enough, and filled with enough gumption to actually finish a project).
- My awesome therapist (who not only listens to my crazy ramblings and holds me accountable for the shit I say, but who also, in her own life, is an example of being true to yourself and showing that true self to the world).
- My Macbook Pro (which is now co-sharing spot number two with my Kindle for “favorite object I own,” spot number one is and will always be occupied by the feather pillow I have had since childhood).
- That my mom just this very morning added Carrot Cake to our already overflowing Thanksgiving menu (she makes a darn good carrot cake).
- My currently absentee aunt who filled my childhood with such delight and gave me a free pass to experiment in her kitchen (unknowingly helping me give birth to my inner chef).
- The way that technology lets me keep in touch with friends who live far and wide (next up is my first venture into the world of Skype so that I can talk to Nix properly and see that darling Sacha in live action).
- My wookie and the hell blanket, who keep me cozy and warm (that’s right, I have TWO super fuzzy blankets – I blame it on the iron free blood in my veins).
That’s all I can think of in my fuzzy-headed state right this very minute. I’m sure there are more. I’ll be back. But while I’m gone, what are you thankful for this year? No, seriously, I really want to know.